Thursday, February 25, 2010


This is my friend Kace's house. She and her sweet husband and new baby Judah live in a house built somewhere in the early 1900's I think. Kace and her sisters and mom have amazing taste and can put together colors in an enviable way. I know my pictures won't do their homes justice, but I wanted to try. She has used teal and tan in a lot of her decorating. I was able to help her do this Ralph Lauren stencil in a silver pearl over the tan. It is breath taking in person.

I have known Kace since before she was born. Her dad was my youngest daughter's first youth leader and we've all been friends ever since.

All the girls in this family are like the girls in my family. We call ourselves the "Cold Mountain Girls" because we will do whatever we need to to get the job done. We are survivors and thrivers.

I have had the blessing of having most of the girls and some of the guys in this family work with us during our Christmas season. There are 10 kids total. We probably couldn't do our business with out them. Their creativity runs deep. They are a blessing to our lives.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Susan - you are so kind.Kace's house is truly a reflection of her personality.
We are all blessed by your friendship!
Love you,
NN

Kristin said...

Love, Love Kace I do and her style is seriously so very cool and well, I want to be like her. Just speaking the truth and you know I am! Love her and all of these tender-hearted, hilarious, beautiful, precious to my heart girls in this family and I just know them as my family too.

Kristin said...

Cold Mountain Girls we are...and I would not have it any other way....ok except we would be financially well off so we could start all kinds of amazing dreams with these girls too, but keep hearts to serve and give.

paige said...

i'm certain kace's house is the perfect combination of all things cool & funky with warmth and coziness all thrown in too!
ya'll did an amazing job on the wall!
xo