Tuesday, February 2, 2010





These are some little things I made/painted for a dear friend expecting a little boy. Hope she likes them. They were fun to do. Fabric is from Hobby Lobby, one of my favorite fabric stops.

I head to a small mission deep into Mexico outside of the city of Vallez. I'm excited!! My friend Nancy and I are on our 3rd trip to this mission to teach the young women how to sew. I will take lots of pictures to show you the women's eager faces as we teach. There are always a bunch of new babies and lots of children playing quietly around. We love going there. This year Nancy is teaching quilting and I will back her up (ha,ha). I will do some of the little accessories that are in the pattern, lots of little lambie things.

We stay and travel with our dear friends Mary and Gilberto. They have the heart of Christ and it is always good to be with them. If you guys could pray for us while we're gone. I would appreciate it, especially for safety, health and pure fun!! I'll be back on the 11th.

2 comments:

paige said...

wrapping you up in prayers now
& sending you out in love!!

serious preciousness, by the way

Connie said...

hee hee---I haven't checked your blog in ages....but so happy to see that you have put your hard work on display. My thank you notes are VERY late in coming (I'm blaming work and my carpel tunnel) but the gifts are SO very appreciated and I cannot wait these last two weeks until little Johnny will be able to wear and use your thoughtful gifts. You are such a wonderful person--and talent--and I cherish our friendship. We missed you at the shower but I hope to see you someday soon!! (please come visit anytime!!!!)
XOXO
-Connie