Sunday, May 3, 2009



This is a small picture I just finished for my sister's birthday. It is actually only 5"x7", just a token. I love to paint. I could paint for hours. The sad truth is is that I paint seldom. I now have a studio at the farm where all my creativity can rest and remain messy if necessary. It is a treasure for me to have this. I am long on the creative gene and short on the tidy gene, so this helps keep the rest of my home peaceful and uncluttered. This is the first time I have ever given myself the space to spread out and create. Until now I had different areas that I sewed, painted and did woodwork in. I always had to scurry and clean when company came or I needed to walk across a room. For my oldest daughters' wedding I created everything from wedding dress to bouquets to cakes. There truly wasn't an inch of my house that didn't have a creation alive in it. It was so much fun and I was sad when it was over. I hope all your dreams become wishes and your heartfelt wishes become reality.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Like Gretchen is like holding onto a shooting star your creativity is like that of a rainbow after a sweet rain. Always moving, unexpected and no end to what gold it holds at the end of each creative rainbow.

Love this painting. Just sweetness!

paige said...

oh susan, i'm so thrilled you shared your creation. i love that quote too!
its such a blessing to witness your dreams unfold
xo