Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Strawberries R' Us


For two days in a row I have been able to go out and pick fresh strawberries for breakfast, what a treat! They are backed by some coreopsis I brought from my Stn. Mtn. home. It's such fun to grow my own food. The other day I had some beautiful strawberries ripening on the vine. I was saving them for Peyton Grace to pick. Unfortunately they were on my back porch, big mistake, when we went out to pick them there were our two dogs standing with a guilty look on their faces yet still licking their chops. I immediately moved the yummies to higher ground.
We were walking the property yesterday and discovered that the pumpkins I had placed in the field from fall had started to sprout. I was so very excited. We have always wanted to grow our own pumpkins. I now have to scurry and learn what I can about pumpkining. Hopefully in the late summer I'll have pictures to show. If anyone has any hints out there I am a sponge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my! How wonderful! What kind of pumpkins did you grow? I love the cinderella ones and those grey ones. Once my yard is established around the playhouse I was thinking of making it beatrix potterish by planting pumpkins, cabbages, and sunflowers!

paige said...

pumpkins....yeeha!
since i'm raising cinderellas you know i need a cinderella pumpkin!!
xo

Kristin said...

Loving this and look at you grow things! I can't wait to see all that will be happening on that property of yours. Looking forward to helping you dig in the dirt a little to help make that happen for you!

I love you my person!

hugs and mwaaaahhhh!
me

Jodee said...

I am soooo jealous! I love strawberries!