Monday, March 15, 2010

Sweetness !!


This sweetness is courtesy of Debbie Kingston Baker. She was a Christian artist whose work I carried when I owned a store. She painted amazing touching pictures.
The sweetness I carry in my heart today is from the overflow of last night. I had the privilege of attending my oldest daughter's talk to the youth group she helps shepherd. As if my heart wasn't full enough, I also heard my two grandson's give testimonies at their youth groups.
I adore that my daughter and her husband help shepherd a youth group. It makes me feel as if there is a continuance of belief and giving of one's self passed down from my grandparents, who were believers. I was somewhere in the midst of that, and I'm so grateful for that.
My daughter relates to those teenagers in the sweetness way. Joking with them, enjoying them, yet at the same time leading and instructing.
In the room was a cross that my son-in-law had created from raw cut logs. It was tied at the center with rope. Oh my goodness amazing.
My oldest grandson Jake blew me away. I have believed for a long time that he had a calling on his life. I have believed that since he went on a Mexico mission trip with me at 13. It was an amazing experience to watch how natural it was for him. I could sense even when he prayed out loud that the Holy Spirit was at work. He's had his share of ups and downs since then and certainly doubts. He is almost 19 now and trying to figure out his next step in life. One of his options is to go into mission work. I am in prayer for him daily as he walks through these decisions. It will be wonderful to see how God directs his path.
Hearing the three of them speak last night absolutely warmed my heart. Today, I am bathed in gratefulness.
I also had the pleasure of meeting Lauren, one of my "readers". She was as special as my daughter had said, and I am so pleased to know a new reader. It makes me much more conscious of what and how I do my post to know someone cares about it. Thank you Lauren!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

You are blessed!!

paige said...

i can only imagine how fabulous how amazing how full your heart must feel...
& how precious to meet a real life reader in person!
xo

Kristin said...

That is beautiful!

I hope Kelly reads this post. It will make her heart full.

They get this kind of love and leadership from their Gram/Mom/Friend....YOU.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a blessing the Lord allowed you to share. I am looking forward to hearing my own grandchildren speak one day {right now they are babies}