Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter project and greetings!



This is a little art from my gran Peyton Grace. It made me giggle. Easter is finally upon us after a very LOOOONG winter. I have an enormously grateful heart. I was actually out working in my farm garden today. It felt so good. I love seeing buds on everything. That along with Easter brings such hope.


I love to give little gifties to my friends and family. This project was inspired by Jeanne D'Arc and M. Stewart. No Martha and I aren't buds, but her mag. does inspire. I never quite got the project where I thought it didn't look like a paper mache covered turtle, so, sorry friends. Maybe this time next year I will have all the kinks worked out, or you'll get a really pretty turtle.




My chief crafter in week end residence. She loves it and is very good at it.



Our supplies ready to go.




All part of the sticky, gooey process.



Three layers, gold on the inside, newsprint on top of that, cut scrapbook paper on last layer. Mod podge all over including me.



Final product, probably not gift worthy, but we had a lot of fun working on them.
I hope this finds you warm where you live. And most of all I wish you a blessed and joyfilled Easter.

6 comments:

paige said...

precious!
you know i think your creations are always amazing
happy easter
we'll surely miss you this year

Nancy said...

Susan
They are beautiful and will be a memory shared with Peyton Grace forever.
Happy Easter
Love You
Nancy

Nicole said...

Lovely eggs! And you have a very nice chief crafter to help you out ;). You can already work in the garden, here we still have snow!

Nicole

Nicole said...

Happy Easter!

Nicole

kace said...

is that seriously not gift worthy? I will not be giving you anything handmade;-) I think they are adorable!

Kristin said...

Who knew?!
I love this and was even there at the farm for
hours without sight to this pretty creation.

You amaze me Mom of mine.