Friday, March 20, 2009



This is one of my new creations. I saw a bench on Shabby Chic that was covered. It gave me inspiration to create a coffee table. It has a removable, washable cover. I made the base out of Lowe's purchased legs and MDF board. I love to create and love to do woodworking. I only wish I was better at both. But, the only way to tap into the God given creativity we all have is to do it and then do it some more. An artist I met once told me the only way to become a better painter is to paint. Sounds wise to me. I am filled with the "I can do it" mentality, short on patience, sometimes bite off more than I can chew, and remain undisciplined in most everything. I have huge goals, most only God can make happen. The jury is out on where all this takes me and the farm. Always prayer is needed.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Susan
You outdid yourself! Just wonderful

Kristin said...

Oh I am lovin this! You are awesome Mom of Mine!

paige said...

so pretty!!
i love the vignette with the waterford flutes!!
gorgeous my friend, just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found you through Paige's beautiful post today! Sounds like you are one talented lady! I've been so blessed to become friends with Kristin! What a neat lady you've raised! Also, I was honored to pray for you while you were in Mexico. And here you are with this beautiful blog, home, and dreams! Love, Lissa

Jeanne Oliver said...

So pretty! It turned out fabulous!

Unknown said...

I came across your blog from "Simple Thoughts" Paige Knuton. This is a beautiful farmhouse. Are you making it a bed and breakfast? What state is this in?

Anne Marie said...

Beautifully said...and I saw you 'featured' on paige's blog....


you could totally make a killing on those coffee table slips you know-
and coming from thi Na-Da Farm girl, "welcome to farm life!"

really hope you can stop by sometime....your dreams sound as big as mine ;)