Thursday, March 5, 2009

This is the very beginning of a new venture that my youngest, Gretchen and I have started. We have had a dream for ages of having a farm that would host all kinds of events, parties, classes, etc. We just desire for people to come and enjoy! We found this place over five years ago and have struggled (to put it mildly) (yet another story) to bring it to a reality. It is just lovely here and we can't wait to share it. We are also trying very hard to listen to God and His plans for it.

Did I mention I'm on my way to being 67 on this new journey. What? 67? It can't be. I feel 27 unless I pass a mirror. Remind me to turn them the other way. A friend once told me that there wasn't anything in the bible about retiring. I take that to heart plus there just isn't any financial way that could be a reality for me. Plus, I really like working.

One of my jobs in this venture is to tame some of the pasture and make it beautiful with lavender, herbs, maybe a vinyard and some bees and flowers and crazy heirloom chickens. We invite you to go on this journey with us and we so ask for your prayers for us.

Thank you all that care about us!

1 comment:

paige said...

i'm so excited for you in your latest venture suz!
your family room is just as lovely as it can be~please share more shots

praying blessings on sweet grace farms this morning

keep me posted, you going all secret life of bees 'n all!!
oh how fun
mwah