Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Farm Girls

These two cuties are just hanging out at the farm on a beautiful pre-Easter Sat. They are waiting for the horses to come out and play. One of the best things about the farm is seeing how kids react to the freedom they have here. They run and play in a beautiful, safe environment.

That day they flew kites, played badminton and horseshoes and made up more outside games. These are the things kids did before the DS's and other computer games were invented. I've been teaching my little Peyton Grace how to play jacks. She gets better each time, and I have to call up my memories of how to play to keep one step ahead of her. She already can beat the sox off of me at Go Fish and Trash. We start each game with one of us declaring "I feel lucky today!"

2 comments:

paige said...

i loved those two cuties having some playtime together!
it really was a delight coming out to the farm. i can't wait to sit back and watch more of your dreams unfold.
what a wonderful place for payton grace to grow up!!
xo

Kristin said...

Oh I am lovin that!!!!!!!!
You are the best Mom/Grammy/Friend...and just my person in life!

I love you more than you ever know and wish you so much success that it tastes sweeter than you could ever hope or dream for!

xo-me