Monday, May 17, 2010

Life on the farm.



Life on the farm is kind of laid back, ain't nothing a country girl like me can't hack to paraprase J. Denver. Sprayed my old adirondack chairs what was supposed to be a "peek-a-boo" blue. They turned out bluuue! but fun, probably more beachy than farm, but fun.
Second is my little farm girl sidekick Lu. When she was little we called her Lulu Pie, apple of my eye, which has now become Lu. We got up with the birds, she swore a hummingbird was pecking at her window. We drang coffee and watched the sun come up over the farm. Such sweet moments like this you want to hold forever.
She had a party this Sun. for her birthday and got her hearts desire, a horse. I'm sure there will be lots of fun pictures to follow. She and her little friend have already been bucked off, but you're not really a cowgirl until you've been thrown, right Jenna?

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Jenna never told me how many times she took a fall, but one big "buck" and we ended up at the ER with broken fingers. Thank goodness it was only fingers. Lu is a blessed young lady. Happy Birthday PG. Can't wait to meet your horse.

paige said...

i love the blue chairs....beachy or farmy they look beautiful with your precious yellow farm house

can't wait to see pga's new horsey!

Ederyn Floral said...

Exactly right. Of course I tend to fall of more than I am forcefully thrown off. Guess that doesn't say much about my riding abilities. I'll have to bring the girls up some this summer so they can run wild. I don't think I could get Chaney anywhere near a horse (figures), but we could try.